Friday, May 14, 2010

The Opposite of Sex!


Last week I re-started my Netflix account and queued up. Yesterday, I returned from New York to see my red envelop waiting for me. My happy and eager little fingers quickly separated the perforation and DRUM ROLL. My feature film is The Opposite of Sex. The Opposite of Sex is a great little indie film with a terrific cast and great story.

A 16 year old Louisiana girl, Dede Truitt (Christina Ricci), abandons her newly widowed mother and runs away with her one testicled boyfriend to her homosexual school teacher half-brother, Bill (Martin Donovan - pretty amazing). The perky teenager immediately starts coming on to her half brother's sexual partner Matt (played wonderfully by the sexy and lanky Ivan Sergei).

Dede ends up pregnant and disappears to Los Angeles with the no longer gay boyfriend Matt. The whole affair blows into scandal, exposing Bill, revealing the true father of Dede's lovechild, and introducing one of Matt's ex-lovers, causing much media attention. As the situation snowballs, the only person who sees what Dedee is up to is Bill's sexually frustrated acid-tongued sister-in-law Lucia (Lisa Kudrow).

Apparently The Opposite of Sex was to be a indie break-out role for Kudrow. However it is Miss Christina Ricci who steals the WHOLE SHOW and her narration of the story is wickedly funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment